The objective of the Civil Engineering program is to train competent professionals capable to act in an intellectual, ethical and rational manner, also capable of performing their professionalism in the area of Civil Engineering responsibly and efficiently.
All our activities are geared to meet the demand of the business community integrating professionals to society whose performance can improve the quality of life for families and generate opportunities of sustainable development.We are known for having a leadership-oriented training, self-learning with support from teachers, guidance encouraging business development and free enterprise.
The Civil Engineering graduate has an interdisciplinary training and has a solid knowledge to:
• Develop technical and financial proposals to participate in tenders for private and public works.
• Implement national or international standards for quality control of materials used in construction, having as parameters the safety, durability and economy.
• Conduct technical and economic feasibility and final design of civil works projects.
• Link directly to the design, construction and maintenance of infrastructure facilities and community services such as potable water networks and sewage, roads (highways, main roads and secondary), digital mapping and updating systems geographic information systems, environmental management, environmental impact studies, prevention and control of environmental pollution, develop urban infrastructure such as bridges and buildings, among others.
AREAS OF EMPHASIS
• Road Engineering with Computer Mapping and Graphics
• Structural Engineering and Geotechnics
• Hydraulic Engineering
• Sanitary and Environmental Engineering
• Engineering of Bridges and Special works
• Materials Engineering
• Management of civil works
Total credits: 221
Duration: 9 semesters